When you’re building a new home, the settlement process is quite different. At Resolve Conveyancing, over 80% of our settlements are for clients who are building their own home, so you can be confident we have the expertise to guide you through the process and ensure your settlement is as streamlined and simple as possible.
One of the key differences between building a home and buying an established home is the title on your block of land. A land title is an official record of who owns a piece of land, and includes information about mortgages on the block, covenants (or special requirements) along with any features of the block, such as easements.
When buying a block of land in a new estate, there is a chance it will not have a title yet. This affects your finance approval process and needs to be monitored to make sure that the settlement on your block is ready when titles are issued.
At Resolve Conveyancing, we work alongside your Resolve Finance mortgage broker and/or your lender to take care of this for you so there are no unexpected problems along the way.
When you’re buying a block of land and building your new home, along with all the standard work your conveyancer undertakes, they will also:
- Understand your personal situation, including when you are eligible to lodge for finance, and keep the developer informed.
- Ensure your Contract of Sale contains the right clauses to make certain any developer rebates or finance clauses are in your best interest.
- Keep in contact with land developers to ensure that any changes to title issue dates are noted, passing this information to you and your Resolve Finance mortgage broker.
- If your situation changes or there is a change in title release dates, request a finance extension on your behalf.
- Keep you informed regarding the progress of your settlement.
- Work with your broker or lender to ensure that any finance or rebate clauses in your contract are met, and settlement can occur without delays.
Our experience in taking care of the many details involved is why, if you are looking to build a new home, it makes sense to trust the expert team at Resolve Conveyancing to ensure a smooth and simple settlement process.