We understand that selling your home can be a demanding process, and at Resolve Conveyancing we’re here to make the process easy for you. All you need to do is give our name to your selling agent and we’ll take care of the rest!
When you are selling your home, your conveyancer will:
- Ensure you have a thorough understanding of the items included in the Contract of Sale and how they may affect you, to ensure you are getting a fair deal.
- Coordinate the settlement date and time with both your lender and the buyer’s settlement agent.
- Keep you informed about the progress of your settlement.
- Conduct searches of the property through various government departments, including LandGate, council, water authority and land tax department.
- Ensure all taxes and rates are paid and transferred as needed.
- Ensure a Mortgage Discharge authority form has been completed within the required timeframe.
- Send you a statement of the funds anticipated to be received at settlement, along with any costs due to be paid by you, such as the agent’s commission and the adjustment of the rates and taxes due on the property.
- Carry out the required verification of identity with you.
- Prepare and verify all necessary documents required for settlement.
- Double check that all inspections and other special conditions in the contract have been completed and that the conditions have been met.
- Work with your mortgage broker, lender and real estate agent or land developer to make sure finance is in order for both parties, and everyone is ready for settlement.
- Request funds to proceed to settlement.
- Attend settlement on your behalf and confirm when settlement is complete.
- Prepare final statement letter and ensure title ownership has changed to the buyer.
When selling your property, there may be times where you need the advice of a lawyer. That’s where you can gain the benefit of our completely integrated law firm – our in-house lawyers can provide legal advice to help safeguard your interests and keep things moving for you.
When you’re selling your biggest asset, it makes sense to trust the team at Resolve Conveyancing to ensure the journey is a smooth one.